woah! music is thrilled to be a part of the EASTBOROUGH CD Release Party this Friday September 23 at The Drake Underground. Front lady, Stefani Guzman, molds lively pop songs with great lyrical depth, and a complimentary splash of electro for all the young at heart music enthusiasts. The record is finally seeing the light of day and Toronto will be seeing a lot more of her in 2012, especially during her performance at Canadian Music Week. She will be supported by The Murder Plans (Ottawa), and Snake and Crane (previous members of The Vulcan Dub Squad). This is a show you do not want to miss!


As musicians are you very conscious of the direction your music takes? What can people expect to hear at the upcoming show?

Though I'm never sure where my songwriting will lead me I'm certainly conscious of the responsibility I have in the studio to bring out the best in each song. It was when working with Adam King (Producer) in the studio that I learned how quickly a song can transform far beyond your expectations if you put it into the right hands. I think people can expect to hear Eastborough at it's best. The musicians I am playing with are really bringing these songs to life onstage.

Who/what has inspired you as musicians?
I am constantly inspired by love, loss, my family and friends, music, film etc. etc.

How would you describe your experiences as an independent band over the past years? Have you experienced any major challenges and/or significant moments?
I think being an independent musician is in general, a challenging experience. You are your own business and it takes dedication, passion and drive to get your name out there and to get people out to shows. These days you really need to know how to brand, market and promote yourself. There is always a bigger venue and more accomplished bands to share bills with. I have been lucky enough to continue to achieve new goals as an independent musician however in the past, it has been difficult to find band members that have the same time, focus and passion as I do. I am extremely happy and grateful to be working with a really amazing live band right now.

Albums you’re listening to at the moment.

Listening to a lot of Adele and Foster the People lately.

Favourite restaurant in Toronto. Why?
OMG Canoe has THE best ribeye!! ..and a gorgeous view of our city :)

Favourite independent coffee place in Toronto. Why?

Any place that has illy. God I love that stuff. Otherwise, I really dig Darkhorse and Orange Alert lattes.

Favourite independent musician/band in Toronto. Why?

Right now I'm really into Young Empires. They've got fresh songs that make you wanna dance and are totally inspiring.

Is it just me or was “Role up the Rim” a huge hoax? I won nothing.

It totally was!! Though I did win a coffee...

What does the Summer/Fall of 2011 hold for your band? Any tours, recordings, special events?
In the fall of 2011 Eastborough will be celebrating a full length CD release and trying to get this CD into the hands (and ears) of as many people as possible.

How can people get more information on your band?

www.eastboroughmusic.com !!! Go check it out!!